The Cubbies have now been in two post seasons in a row. I believe 2009 will be the third. They come back with a team very similar to that of 2008. This time around, they a year of experience further along and a couple years of post season experience
Highlights: Ryan Dempster broke out as a starter last year and he has the stuff to continue. I doubt that he’ll be able to repeat what he did last year. But he won’t have to if Lilly, Zambrano, and Harden step up.
Question Mark: Carlos Marmol showed us some wicked stuff from the pen last year. But will he be able to close out games. He’ll get a lot of chances and if he doesn’t, Kevin Gregg, who saved 29 for the Marlins last year, is there as a backup.
Key to Success: I think that we all know that the Cubs can succeed in the regular season. Now they have to prove to us that they can do it in the playoffs. They haven’t done that in over 100 years. I believe that all of us fans are over the curses, the scapegoats, and the excuses. So go Cubbies, go!
Prediction: 1st Place

No comments:
Post a Comment